Darjeeling Gangtok Tour
Duration: 5 Nights / 6 Days
Destination Covered: Darjeeling – Gangtok
Here you also have the luxury of exploring its breathtaking beauty on a vintage train, which is famous as toy train. After an hour and forty minutes, you would be entering the mesmerizing surroundings of Darjeeling. Make a Check in to the hotel, relax for a while. Rest of the day would be free, so you can spend it at leisure or choose to walk out to the local market or a shopping mall. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Start your day fresh with a mountain trip to Tiger Hill. Being the highest point of Darjeeling, Tiger Hill offers some of the best sights of the Himalayas, which are apt to be visited early in the morning. Imagine yourself standing infront of the mighty Kanchenjunga peak, the snow clad peaks of which are turning golden due to the rising sun. This panoramic view is the best introduction of Tiger Hill. In order to catch this breathtaking sight, leave early from your hotel. The magnificent hill is around 11 km from the town of Darjeeling.
As you climb down the hill, you would be embarking on a visit to the incredible Ghoom monastery and Batasia Loop. One of the oldest Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in Darjeeling, Ghoom monastery is about 7 Km from the town and is famous for its huge statue of Lord Buddha. Post that, drive back to your hotel for a hearty breakfast. Rest of the day is scheduled for visiting major attractions inside the town.
First on the list would be Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, followed by Lebong race course, Peace Pagoda, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center, Tensing-Gumbo rock, ropeway and Parmesan Nadia Himalayan Zoological park, which houses the rare Snow leopard and Tibetan wolf. You also would be getting a chance to visit the lush green tea estates, which the town is so proud of. As you would be done with all the sightseeing, head back to the comfort of your hotel for an overnight stay.
Post breakfast, make a check out from your hotel and head to Gangtok, a mystical hill station in the Himalayas of the North-East. Located in the eastern Himalayan range, Gangtok has an amazing blend of nature and religion. Amidst dense forests and Himalayan peaks, lies the quaint hill station of Gangtok, which is dotted with several colorful monasteries.
The drive to Gangtok takes around 2 hrs and 23 mins. Thus, you would be having ample time to relax in your hotel. You can even utilize time to explore the nearby attractions, which are at walking distance. This would be followed by an overnight stay in your hotel in Gangtok.
Day 5 of our exclusive Darjeeling-Gangtok tour is dedicated to excursions from Gangtok. Under this, you would be heading towards the very popular Tsomgo lake and Baba Mandir. Tsomgo is a glacial lake, which is around 38 km from the town of Gangtok. Scaling the Gangtok-Nathula highway, which goes through rugged mountain terrains and cliffs, you would be reaching the beautiful Sikkimese lake. This will take around an hour.
The lake is famous for its scenic and tranquil beauty which makes it a peaceful outing place. Besides its beauty, Tsomgo lake also holds a sacred status. Right on the banks, lies a temple of Lord Shiva, which adds to the divinity of the region. After spending a wonderful time at the breathtaking Tsomgo lake, you will start your journey to Baba Harbhajan Singh Mandir, which is located nearby. Unlike the other shrines in Sikkim, which are dedicated to some deity or religious concept, Baba Mandir commemorates an army martyr, Major Harbhajan Singh.
The shrine has a lot of significance for the locals as well as the personnels of Indian army posted in the region. Major Harbhajan Singh was an Indian army officer as well as a saint. Army personnels believe that the spirit of him protects them in every situation and owing to this belief, they dedicated a shrine to him. The shrine is nestled at an altitude of around 4000 mtrs, high up in the hills.
Post that, you would be driven back to your hotel for your overnight stay in Gangtok. Evenings would be free, so you can utilize the last of your moments in Gangtok, strolling around the nearby streets and market. MG road mall in the vicinity would be a nice option.
Pack your bags and post breakfast, check out from the hotel and Gangtok. You would be transferred to the New Jalpaiguri railway station/Bagdogra airport for your journey back home. This marks the end of our Darjeeling-Gangtok tour.
- Accommodation using Base Category Double Room.
- Daily Breakfast at hotel.
- All transfer and sightseeing by Non AC Tata Sumo/ Similar with all India Tourist permit on point to point basis. For 5* hotels we will provide Non Ac Innova/ Xylo on point to point basis.
- All currently applicable taxes, however, any other tax as and when levied by the Government shall be extra.
- Any meal unless specified above.
- Any Air Fare/ Train Ticket.
- All entrances fees to monuments.
- Any Riding/ Safari.
- Guide Charge.
- New year and Christmas Gala dinner charges.
- Personal nature expenses like telephone / laundry bills etc.
- Airports tax and travel insurance etc.
- Services not specified above.
- All taxes, entrance fees, airfare, Hotel and Transport rates etc are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra as applicable.
- The above-mentioned cost is valid from 15th Sep’17 to 5th Jan’18.
- The above is only an offer and not confirmation of your bookings. We shall proceed with your booking once we receive the payment from you & if we are not able to get the original hotels, shall provide equivalent / alternative hotels.
- The normal hotel check in / check out time is 1400 / 1200 hrs.
- All rates are subject to a revision if there is a fluctuation in the currency rates.